You Know You Are a Grant Writer When…
Recently at the GPA national conference, I was sitting with a group of friends and one made a pun about the grant profession. We all laughed, and the joke-teller said, “Isn’t it nice to be with people who get puns like this?” Yes, it is.
You know you are a grant writer when . . .
- You drink an enormous amount of coffee
- You have passionate feelings on the Oxford comma debate
- You look forward to emails from the Grant Professionals Association
- You know what #Grantchat is
- You either have or are working towards earning your Grant Professionals Certification
- You have experienced writer’s block on multiple occasions
- You get excited about office supplies including but not limited to pens, pencils, highlighters, color-coded folders, and calculators
- You create logic model, deadlines, and checklists for every part of your life
- You have mad research skills
- You have these three books on your shelf and probably many others like them
- You think International Grant Professionals Day should be a national holiday
- You know how to check the word count/character count in every word processing app
- You know how to read a 990
- You used Grammarly to double check your grammar on this blog post
- You love hanging out with grant people
For me, truly the best part of #lifeasagrantwriter is the awesome people I get to interact with on a daily basis. Grant people are the best people.
To find other ways you know your a grant writer when, look for the hashtag #lifeasagrantwriter and/or #lifeasagrantpro on social media.
How do you know you’re a grant writer?