Grant Professional - Lead Writer
A grant professional serving as a Lead Writer for the Writing Team is focused on increasing the clients’ grant-seeking capacity and producing competitive grant applications for clients with the information provided as a means to help clients achieve their mission and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Collaborate with Product Owner in the facilitation of the client projects
- Write grant proposals following DH Leonard Consulting team processes and standards
- Coordinate required attachments for client applications
- Coordinate budget attachments for client applications
- Coordinate mock review processes for clients
- Research grant funding opportunities for clients
- Assist with maintaining client application records and team information
- Communicate with clients and fellow team members following DH Leonard Consulting standards
- Adhere to all ethical standards of the Grant Professionals Association
- Other duties as assigned
The strongest candidates for this position will have most, though likely not all, of the following qualifications and characteristics:
- 3 or more years experience in grant writing-related work;
- Experience with government grants, whether local, regional, state, or federal strongly preferred;
- Grant Professional Certified or desire to be a Grant Professional Certified;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment;
- Excellent written, analytical, oral, organizational and time management skills;
- Experience working with diverse communities (preferred); and
- A commitment to the work of DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services and readiness to grow and learn with the DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services, LLC team.
Full-time beginning at $50,000 (depending on experience level) plus benefits, part-time position salary is prorated based on time.
DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are always looking for new team members who are passionate about helping nonprofits create change in their communities, working in a team environment, and using their writing skills to create community impact.