Potential Grantmaker Research
Let our grantmaker research team help you develop and/or expand your grant calendar by doing your grantmaker research for you!
As part of the grantmaker research process our team will:
- Search for corporate, family, public, private and corporate grantmakers on the local, regional and national level. We use our in-house records, subscription-based databases including The Foundation Directory Online and GrantStation, as well as other sources in conducting the research.
- Review and assess your current grantmaker relationships to understand current funding relationships and opportunities pursued.
- Prepare a comprehensive report of potential funders that align with the client’s strategic plan and goals to grow grant revenue. The report will include due dates, appropriate request amounts, and application procedures/timelines for any funding sources identified.
- Present recommendations on funders to approach first and strategies for approaching prioritized funders.
- Present funding search materials in a user-friendly electronic format (typically Google Drive, but we are flexible based on your technology needs!) which can be used as an ongoing reference source when pursuing future funding.
- Work with the client to finalize your grant calendar for the next year.
- Finalize a plan for approaching the identified funders/applications and establishing timelines for applying to the identified funders/applications.