8 Inspirational Quotes for Grant Writers
We all have days as grant writers where we are looking for a bit of inspiration or motivation, even if it comes in the form of inspirational quotes, right?! In my office, we love to keep track of inspirational quotes that are related to writer’s block, editing, mistakes/rejection, and all things writing related so that we can read them as needed and then dig back into our work. Here are eight of our favorite inspirational quotes for you with a bit of commentary about how we think they apply to our work as grant professionals.
1. Sometimes, despite our strong belief based on relationship building and following of best practices, the grant application that we were SURE would be approved gets denied.
2. As we gain experience as grant professionals, we learn lessons from mistakes in previous processes – now we always get collaborative partner buy-in in writing, or we always submit 24 hours before an online deadline, etc.
3. The wisdom of the lessons learned from each previous grant application whether funded or denied serves to make our next application that much stronger!
7. If we waited for the perfectly quiet office, or the perfect cup of coffee, or the perfect mood to start a new narrative, we might always be waiting…well…except for the perfect cup of coffee – that DOES exist in many grant writers’ days.
8. When looking at a blank cursor in a work plan, or on a budget form, or in a narrative, get started even by putting your headings down or your known assumptions. The rest of the language will begin to flow.
What are some of your favorite inspirational quotes? We’d love for you to share them in the comment section of the website or via social media!